Accessing Care Out Of Hours
If you have an urgent medical problem that cannot wait until the surgery is open, please phone: 01273 615000 - your call will be diverted automatically to the Out of Hours Service.
If your problem is a medical emergency, please phone: 999
Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute a medical emergency.
If you have an urgent dental problem, that cannot wait until your Dentist is open, please contact the Emergency Dentist Service on: 01273 486444
NHS 111 is the national telephone service that aims to make it easier to access healthcare services when you need medical help fast, but it is not a life-threatening situation.
If you need health information or advice on the most appropriate service for you, please phone: 111
The NHS App provides a simple and secure way for people to access a range of NHS services on their smartphone or tablet.
The NHS App enables you to:
Additionally, if you register and prove who you are, you can:
- order repeat prescriptions and view, set or change change the pharmacy you want to collect your prescriptions from (known as your nominated pharmacy)
- view your GP health record securely
- manage your first hospital or clinic appointment with a specialist, if you are referred by your GP through the NHS e-Referral Service (e-RS)
- sign up for updates about participating in health research
You can also:
- contact your practice using for an administration query using an online form and get a reply
- request a fit note from your GP
- access some free NHS health services without needing an appointment with your GP by using the self referral options available ,for example physiotherapy and Mental health services
Urgent Treatment Centres
For non life-threatening emergencies
You can go to an urgent treatment centre if you need medical attention but it's not a life-threatening situation.
These are things like stomach pain, minor injuries, skin infections and rashes. Find out more about when to visit urgent treatment centres (urgent care services).
Accident and Emergency Departments
Accident & Emergency Departments are there to provide Emergency Care or treatment for Serious Injury.
Accident & Emergency Departments are not there to provide routine medical care or repeat prescriptions.