Quayside Medical Practice Autumn Covid Vaccination Programme 2023
If you are eligible (see list below) to receive a Covid vaccination this Autumn you can attend a walk in clinic on Saturday 30th September at Newhaven Library, in the High Street, from 10am to 3pm
You can book an appointment to attend the Brighton Centre, clinics will be there most days Monday – Sunday 9am – 5pm. Some later clinics will be added from 10am – 6pm
How to book:
- By calling 0300 303 8060 Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
- By clicking on the text link sent to your mobile phone
- By calling 119
- By booking via the online National Booking Service
- Entrance is via the rear entrance in Russell Road, if you are driving, parking on the lower level of Churchill Square car park 1, will give easier access as it is directly opposite the back entrance
- All buses stop outside the front of Churchill Square
- The train station is about 10 mins walk away
Eligible Patients for this Autumn are currently:
- residents in care homes for older adults
- all Adults aged 65 years and older
- persons ages 6m to 64 years in clinical risk group
- frontline health and social workers
- persons ages 12-64 who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression
- persons ages 16 to 64 who are carers and staff in care homes for older adults
- Housebound Patients in the above groups
Seasonal Flu Vaccinations 2023
With the continued risk of seasonal flu and COVID-19 co-circulating this winter, the UK Health Security Agency are advising that this year’s flu immunisation programme will be absolutely essential to protect vulnerable people and support the resilience of the healthcare system.
If your records show that you are eligible for a seasonal flu vaccination this is patients aged 65 and over and those aged between 18-64 with a clinical risk, we strongly encourage you to book an appointment for one of our flu clinics as soon as possible. We will be holding Saturday morning Flu clinics on:
30th September 2023, 7th October 2023 and 14th October 2023
We will be inviting eligible patients either by text, email or letter but you do not have to wait for your invitation, you can telephone the surgery on 01273 615000 or call into reception to book an appointment after 10:30am any weekday.
The text and email invitations will include an easy to use link to book your own appointment you can choose a time the most convenient to you.
On the day of your Flu vaccination appointment, we aim to ensure that the flow of patients through our flu clinics is as seamless as possible, so we would respectfully ask you to note the following:
- A one-way system will be in operation entry will be via the main front doors, exit will be via the side door with accessible ramp
- Chapel Street remains congested due to the redevelopment of the former Police Station, we therefore ask that all patients use the nearby public car parks so as to maximise the number of spaces available in the surgery car park for those patients with mobility issues
- Please arrive no more than five minutes before your allotted time as we will limit the number of patients in the waiting room at any one time, there may be a need to queue outside the surgery, irrespective of the weather
- Members of staff will direct you to a clinic room, whilst you are briefly waiting you are asked to remove any clothing necessary to expose your arm
- Clinicians will be unable to deal with any other aspect of care on the day
Thank you for your support of the measures we are continuing to take to keep our patients and staff safe.
Protecting our Patients and Staff
We are no longer asking patients to wear a face mask when they attend the surgery, but patients may choose to wear one if that is their preference. We do respectively ask any patients attending the surgery with respiratory symptoms to consider wearing a face mask to minimise the risk of infection transmission to others. Face masks will remain available at reception if you require one..
NHS England » News