This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

In Need of Treatment


If you are ill while away from home or if you are not registered with a doctor but need to see one urgently, you can receive emergency treatment from the local GP practice for 14 days. After 14 days you will need to register as either a  permanent patient or temporary resident.

Temporary Residents

You can be registered as a temporary resident for up to three months. This will allow you to receive care from the local practice and still remain a patient of your permanent registered GP. After three months you will have to re-register as a temporary resident or register permanently with that practice.

To register as a temporary resident simply contact the local practice you wish to use. Practices do not have to accept you as a temporary resident although they do have an obligation to offer emergency treatment. You cannot register as a temporary resident at a practice in the town or area where you are already registered.


pdfTemporary Resident Registration Form

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website